Blog by Melissa and David Sokulski, L.Acs.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Treatment Tuesday: Getting treatments

This week I have to share that I have begun to receive regular acupuncture treatments again (from Dave), and what a great reminder for how great acupuncture feels and its incredible benefits!

As many of you already know, the feeling of receiving acupuncture is so amazing. I can feel my energy flowing, and just get such a sense of balance of peace. Time is transcended, and at the end of the treatment I am so grounded and more present. I just love it!

I also want to share that I have really noticed the toll the computer takes from me. Recently I read an interesting article. I wish I remembered exactly where so I could share with you the link. It asked the reader to identify the one thing that if we got rid of from our life, our life would be closer to our ideal. It could be a habit, a thing, whatever. I thought I couldn't think of anything, but really I just didn't want to admit that for me, right now, it's the computer.

However, I do use it productively for business, so I'm not chucking it out the window altogether! I will log on around once a week to read and respond to emails, update blogs (this one and my raw foods blog), work on newsletters (I owe you all one!), and other handouts and articles for the office.

So I will be updating, but if you do want to get in touch, we are still in the office every day, so please give us a call! We love to hear from you. If you email I will of course get back to you, but it may not be as fast as I usually do. But we really value your questions and input, so please keep them coming!

Thanks so much!
~ Melissa

1 comment:

Test said...

Oh Mel, I totally agree! One of my friends, who is a hypnotherapist calls the computer the "great black hole"... it sucks away time and energy before we can even notice it. That's so hard because it is also a great source of information.

I've made a personal resolution to take the girls to the library once a week, every week this "year" (for me fall is the real new year.) And I will spend some time looking for books for any subject I'm interested in learning about and try to do more of my research that way, rather than spending hours on the computer.

I'm glad I'm not alone in my love-hate relationship with the computer!