The holiday season is upon us and for some last minute shopping we compiled a list of clutter-free gifts that is sure to please.
- Memberships - In Pittsburgh we have:
- the amazing Carnegie museum system which includes four museums for one membership - Art Museum, National History, Warhol and Science (five if you count Sports Works as separate from the Science Museum!)
- the Children's museum,
- Heinz History museum (which also includes Meadowcroft and Fort Pitt),
- The Frick
- the Pittsburgh Zoo
- the Aviary
- Groupon - check out the deals on groupon and gift someone with an art class (take it along side them), a massage, a meal out, a day of sledding or skiing, yoga classes there are tons of deals to choose from.
- A gift certificate to their favorite restaurant.
- A massage from their (or your) favorite massage practitioner.
- A gym membership.
- A year (or a few months) of netflix or hulu plus.
- A series of yoga classes from your favorite yoga studio.
- An acupuncture session or series of four sessions from Birch Center - our personal favorite of course!
- A play, opera, musical or the symphony. There are tons of great shows in Pittsburgh all year. Pick out your favorite and get tickets to give as gifts.
- Tickets to hear live music. From smaller venues to hear local and up and coming artists to big ticket items playing at Heinz Hall, Carnegie Music Hall and Consol Center, you can find great musicians playing in Pittsburgh year round.
- A gift certificate from Trader Joe's, The Food Coop, Whole Foods or other specialty grocery store.
David and Melissa Sokulski
The Birch Center For Health
Pittsburgh's Historic South Side: East Carson Street