Acupuncturist Melissa Sokulski, L.Ac., is now offering post partum doula services! She will come to your home after your baby is born, and support the new parents as they transition into their life with a new baby.
A post partum doula provides non-judgmental caring and support to the new family. Each situation is different depending on need. Some things Melissa can provide are:
- Breastfeeding or bottle feeding support
- Help with emotional and physical recovery after birth
- Light housekeeping
- Food preparation (vegetarian)
- Run errands
- Help with holding, changing, and caring for baby so mom can get some rest
- A sympathetic ear and support to the new family.
- Referrals to local health care and resources as needed
Additionally, as a licensed acupuncturist, Melissa can offer ear acupuncture to the mother and other adults in the household during the visit for a discounted rate of $35 per treatment, which can help balance hormones, relieve stress, and tonify organs, and help the body heal.
Melissa is a mother of two, and is trained in:
- Acupuncture, L.Ac., M.Ac., PA Board of Medicine Licensed, and Nationally Certified since 1996
- Therapeutic Massage: Swedish Massage, Deep Tissue, Tui Na, Sports Massage, Foot Reflexology
- Certified Yoga Instructor (RYT 200 hours)
- Herbal Medicine: Chinese and Western herbs (Nationally Certified in Chinese Herbology since 1996)
- Homeopathy and Flower Essences
- Energy Healing: Polarity Therapy, Reiki, Hands On Healing, Quantum Touch, Yin Tui Na
- First Aid/CPR (to be renewed August, 2018)
- PA Act 33/34 Clearances
- Experience working with infants and children with brain injury and special needs
Daytime post partum doula care can be scheduled from 8 am - 8 pm. Each visit must be at least four hours, and is offered at $30*/hour (*current acupuncture clients of either Melissa or David Sokulski receive 10% discount off doula services). Payment is due at time of visit.
An initial acquaintance visit can be scheduled for $30, to assess needs and get to know each other before committing to longer visits.
Questions, for more information, or to schedule an initial visit, please call the Birch Center at (412) 381-0116, or leave Melissa a message on her cell: (412) 886-4026. You can also email: BirchCenter@gmail.com.
Melissa is also available for acupuncture treatments at The Birch Center, and can help at all stages of pregnancy, from regulating the menstrual cycle and easing PMS, to boosting fertility and helping with conception, easing pain, discomfort, and nausea during pregnancy, turning a breech baby with moxabustion, helping bring on labor in overdue pregnancies, and post partum recovery. Acupuncture can also help later in life ease the symptoms of menopause. Please call the Birch Center at (412) 381-0116 to schedule an appointment.
We look forward to working with you!